When choosing your bridal party is important to remember that this person will be involved in the most important day in the couple lives. With that in mind, it is important to pick someone with whom you have created a memorable relationship with, and they are someone who you have always called your best friend. The maid of honor and best man can be anyone from your brother or sister, cousin or longtime friend. The maid of honor and best man can even be a parent, and, uncle. With being privileged of being the maid of honor or best man, there are a number of duties and responsibilities they must complete. Choosing your bridal party may be the hardest decision a couple can make. However, know that it is you day and having the right people by your side is also very important to you on your wedding day. Also, the number of bridesmaids does not have to match the number of groomsmen.
ROLES OF THE MAID OF HONOUR
- - helps with pre-wedding activities such as addressing invitations
- - Create the schedule the other bridesmaids to follow
- attends all pre-wedding parties
- - May host a shower
- - rearranges the bride's train
- - may sign the wedding certificate
- - provides moral more during the wedding for the bride
ROLES OF THE BEST MAN
- - plans and hosts a bachelor party
- - help groom ensure that all groomsman have attire ready and fitted
- - may sign wedding certificate
- - may offer first toast to the newlyweds
- - May be responsible for returning any rental clothing, car or equipment.
ROLES OF BRIDESMAIDS
- - Offer to assist bride in any way by running errands or sending out invitations
- - Attend all wedding parties and host or help host the bridal shower or bachelorette party
- - May help choose the bridesmaid dress.
- - Reduce couples cost by paying for her bridesmaid dress and accessories
- - Take care of small duties at the reception
ROLES OF GROOMSMEN
- - Attend all wedding parties and may host or help host the bachelor party.
- - Pays for own wedding attire.
- - Helps seat guests at the wedding ceremony
- - Help wedding guests in any way. For instance, escorting guests with umbrellas to their destination.
- - Run any errands or solve wedding day challenges
- - May dance with one of the bridesmaids at the reception.