Choosing your wedding caterer is one of the most important decisions you can make. Some wedding venues already come with catering however some may not. Other may but you may prefer to still use another wedding catering company. Either way, you want your food to be amazing for your food is what most guests look forward to. Before choosing your wedding catering company, you need to know what type of food you want. If your background is Portuguese chances are you want to serve Portuguese meals and deserts. In that case, your best bet will be sticking to a Portuguese wedding catering company. That way, they are familiar with the Portuguese traditions and most famous Portuguese dishes.
To find the best catering service for your wedding day, ask around. Your friends and family might have thrown events where they have hired catering companies. Also, if you have a favor all time restaurants ask them if they will cater your wedding for you!
Generate a list of possible wedding catering services you may be interested in. then, call a few to see how much they roughly charge. From there, you can then decide which ones you are more interested in. then, be prepared to go and interview the wedding catering companies and do some taste testing. Here are a few possible questions you may want to ask each potential wedding catering service before making your final decision.
- Based on the theme, time and style of my wedding, what kind of meals do you suggest I have on my wedding day?
-What do you estimate the cost per-person will be?
- Do you - have any particular style of food or special menu items that you specialize in?
- Can you cook up a sentimental family favorite recipe to include in the menu?
- How many other weddings will your company handle that same weekend/day/hour?
- - Are you licensed? (this means that they have met health department standards and have liability insurance)
- -Do you have a liquor license?
- - How many years have you been in service?
- - How many weddings have you catered to in the number of years you have been in service?
- - How does the cost-per-person of a buffet compare to that of a sit-down dinner?
- - Does that cost-per-person just cover the food, or are charges such as staff, rentals, and linens included?
- -What service costs are included and what costs are additional?
- - Are set-up and clean-up included?
- - How much is overtime if the reception runs long?
- - Do you provide linens, glasses, plates, silverware, tables, chairs, serving pieces, and decorative flowers for trays?
- - Would it cost less if I handled any or all of that myself?
- - If linens, glasses, plates, and accessories are available? what color and style do they come in?
- - Will you be the person personally handling my wedding on my wedding day?
- - If not, what is the name of the person who will, and when can I meet them?
- - what is her.his qualifications?
- - How much time will you need for set-up and clean-up?
- - Can you provide a wedding cake, and possibly a grooms cake? If we provide them, do you charge a cake cutting and serving fee?
- - Do you charge for beverage service?
- - If we want to provide our own wine, champagne, and liquor, do you charge a corkage fee?
- - Will you provide food for the photographer, videographer, musicians, and other "day-of" vendors? If so, is there an extra charge?
- - Will you provide special meals for any children who attend, and is there a discounted charge for them?
- - Can we see a copy of your standard contract?
- - What deposit do you require to hold the date, and when will the rest of the money be due?
- -Can we see pictures of previous events, and speak to former clients for referrals?
- - What do we do about food allergies? How do you improvise?